The HP printer brand is quite prominent for its potential and capabilities to provide amazing quality of work and timely outputs. It is just like any other machine but with greater efficiency and ability. However, because it is a machine, it also might face a few issues which sometimes hamper the work of the user. The usual question that the users ask is how to fix the HP Printer Offline Error mode issue which is faced by them numerous times.
If you are also one such user who wants to know how to fix HP printers offline to online you may move forward with the article and get to know about a few easy and handy steps. However, there could be several reasons which might cause the HP printer offline issue some of which are as mentioned below. So let’s first see the same.
- The interrupted flow of the network through the Wi-Fi routers.
- The USB cable that you might be using has the possibility of being damaged or lose at some end.
- You might have unknowingly set your HP printer to sleep mode.
- There could be a lot of unfulfilled print commands which might create issues.
- The installed printer drivers might be outdated or incompatible with your device.
However, these are only a few possible reasons and there could be a lot more depending upon the actual situation that your printer is facing. Moving forward let us look at a few solutions which might be successful to fix the HP printer offline issue.
1. Make sure that the Wi-Fi connection that is connected to your printer is stable and continuous without any interruption in between. You may try to reconnect it to ensure the proper working.
2. Install new printer drivers in case the previous ones are either outdated or corrupted. You need to first uninstall the existing ones by going to the control panel ‘printer’ option and then selecting the uninstall printer drivers option.
Then you need to go to the official website of HP printers and look for the most compatible and updated versions of the printer driver that are available for the model number that you own. Download and install the same through the guidelines that might be shown on your screen. Restart your device and printer and give it a few minutes to get adapted to the installed printer drivers.
3. Check if there are any existing and unfulfilled print commands on your device. If in case there is something of that sort you may delete all the existing print commands and then give a new one to process the output.
- For the same, you need to go to the control panel of your device and click on the option that says ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Next, go to the drop-down menu with the label printer and click on the alternative ‘cancel all documents’.
- Once you have cleared all the existing print commands you may give you one to confirm the proper functioning.
All the above-mentioned methods would have helped you in order to fix the HP printer offline to online. If in case the problem still exists and your HP printer is offline you may contact the technical experts through the customer care contact given on the HP printer official website.
Frequently asked questions
Why is my HP printer offline?
This issue could exist due to the fact that you might have set your printer to work offline by checking on the checkbox that says use printer offline. You may go to the printers and drivers option in your device and uncheck the same in order to revive back the proper functioning of your HP printer.
Why does my HP printer go offline regularly?
This could be due to the Wi-Fi router to which your printer is connected. Check if the Wi-Fi connection is stable and provides a continuous network to your printer in order to fulfill the print commands and function normally.
How to fix HP printers from offline to online? You can bring your HP printer from offline to online mode by making sure that it is set as a default printer with your device. Next, you need to check and make sure that the ‘use printer offline’ option in the devices and printers menu of your device is unchecked. Further, be assured that the printer drivers that are presently installed on your printer are compatible with your device and allow the proper functioning of your HP printer without causing any trouble.
Also Read :